On Monday we had a visit from my baby sister, Adrianna. She took a break from work and school to go on an adventure and we were so glad to have her for the day! We took her to the beach, which may not have been the most exciting day ever, but since she had spent the day before shopping and touring New York City, we thought she'd enjoy a bit of relaxation. Plus it's always nice to go back home from vacation with a tan. :)





Monday evening, my step-sister, Jackie, came down from Baltimore and we enjoyed dinner and a visit together before both girls headed out.
Aren't they just the cutest things??

Here is the whole gang:

The rest of the week went by quickly, with appts, parties, work, etc. We were also getting ready to send the boys off to Scout camp. Nick has been sick all week and we haven't gotten a conclusive answer from any of the tests they've done. We went ahead and sent them off this morning. Since Dave is going as well he can watch Nick and make him take it easy if he needs to.
Of course, Nick being gone means that we have a week of trying to keep Joshua happy back here. We've got some ideas, though--I am NOT doing the week of crafts we did last year- I'm still recovering from the glue-gun burns I suffered then!
But speaking of crafts, I am delighted to say that I am most of the way finished with my craft "area" downstairs. I have longed for a space of my own for quite a while. Some place I can organize my sewing and crafting supplies, a clean space to work, and a place to leave things out if I need to. We've had this corner downstairs where I've been storing everything in a mismatch of rubbermaid totes, dreaming of what it could be.
Well, here's what it could be!

I don't have any before pictures, which is probably a good thing because I'd be too embarrassed to post them. I'm not quite finished yet, but it is well on its way to being done. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. I used it for the first time this morning when I was sewing the Order of the Arrow patches on Dave and Nick's uniforms. The sewing machine was already out, the thread was handy, and I didn't have to move the bowl of fruit off the dining room table to make room! It feels great to have a space of my own....

I don't have any before pictures, which is probably a good thing because I'd be too embarrassed to post them. I'm not quite finished yet, but it is well on its way to being done. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. I used it for the first time this morning when I was sewing the Order of the Arrow patches on Dave and Nick's uniforms. The sewing machine was already out, the thread was handy, and I didn't have to move the bowl of fruit off the dining room table to make room! It feels great to have a space of my own....And coming up this week:
Keeping Busy While Nick is Gone, Joshua Turns 6, Jarrett Comes to Visit, and We Celebrate the 4th!
No comments:
Post a Comment