Today we are having a NORMAL day--hooray! Alyson got up early, I made her lunch, and Dave took her to the bus on the way to work. Nick's alarm will go off in 10 minutes or so, Joshua not far behind, and for the first time in a while we have NOWHERE TO GO.
Ahhhhh.
A cup of coffee, a page or 2 of Oswald Chambers (who chastized me about my incarnate laziness-how does he know me so well?), and grading of Algebra II. What a treat to have a day to rest and rejuvenate from all that has gone on in the last couple of weeks.
We spent yesterday at the cardiologist. I can now say with certainty, the human heart is an AMAZING thing. As I sat in the room watching the echocardiogram of Nick's heart I thought to myself, "How could a person see something like this and not KNOW there was a Creator?!" I was in awe of how much work was going on unbeknownst to us, under such a calm exterior, deep in the chest of my boy. We should all take a moment and thank God right now for His amazing invention that gives us life.
Nick's (many) tests up to this point have been somewhat inconclusive. We have not figured out what he HAS, but have been able to rule out things he DOESN'T have, which is comforting. Unfortunately, his echo yesterday came back with some less-than-ideal readings and for the time being Nick will need to refrain from physical exertion. That meant no ball game yesterday. We have more tests scheduled for next week and are really hoping we can start figuring this out. I am so thankful for doctors who trust my "mommy report" and are following through with Nick. It's exhausting and has, more than once, put him in bed for the rest of the day, but it's good to have them be so thorough.
For today, though, we will be "normal." Whatever that is.....
rejoicing in a normal day for you. That's great. So sorry about the baseball. that's not easy I'm sure. He loves it. Give him my love and prayers. Keep us in the loop so we can life this up to the Father. May you continue to find comfort in Him.
ReplyDelete