Yesterday my children treated my to a wonderful day full of surprises. I am so blessed to have such sweet, considerate children and this week has been so wonderful having all 4 of them here.
Dave stayed with Nick while the rest of us went to church and on the way Alyson treated me to a chai latte from Atlanta Bread Co. (see previous post....)! My Secret Sister at church gave me beautiful hanging basket of petunias--in the same colors I'm using outside already!
After church we came home and had chicken quesadillas for lunch and just enjoyed hanging out together, remembering old stories and laughing.
My sweet Little gave me a ring he made for me at a friend's house. It's perfect.
Nick managed to stay up for a good bit of the afternoon and he even presented me with a card he had made. I will just say that I am have been blessed beyond measure with children, particularly teenagers, who are so capable of touching a mother's heart.Dinner was take-out chinese (yum!!!), picked up by the big boy and the girl, followed by spice cake with cream cheese frosting made by Alyson. The finished up the evening by giving me a gift card to Atlanta Bread Co. so I can treat myself to chai lattes for a long time!
The only bad part of the day was that Jarrett had to leave to go back to school. He's got a paper to finish and a couple more classes before summer break. It was such a huge help having him here while Dave was gone with Nick sick. I mentioned to a friend that my family tends to "circle the wagons" when tough times come and they really showed that this week. Protective of Nick, considerate, helpful, and cooperative.
Thank you, God, for my children. I am abundantly blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment