But I am so thankful to have gotten to make this journey with this man. Have you seen the movie Cliffhanger? In the heart-stopping opening scene, Sylvester Stallone can't hold on to a panicked girl while they are both dangling from a line suspended high above a canyon. It is so terrifying but one thing I've always known is that Dave would never let me--or any of the kids--go.
Thanks for holding on to us, my love.
The kids treated their Dad really well on Father's Day. He enjoyed a nice, long nap to recover from his two camping trips and in the evening he played badminton with the new rackets Joshua got for him.
The big kids gave him a bucket filled with all the things he loves and then treated him to dinner from Famous Dave's Barbecue. Alyson's new driver's license has come in handy! Joshua also made him a picture frame and put a picture from Cub Scouts in it. A nice day.

I have loved these new pictures and hearing your family news! What a great summer kick-off!You all are an inspiration and I'm so thankful for you! *Hugs*
ReplyDeleteBeautiful picture, LeighAnne. Love, Aunt Diane
ReplyDeleteCongrats to Dave for his new job! Hope you all have a great summer!
ReplyDeleteViele Gruesse aus Deutschland!
P.S.: Could Alyson get any prettier??