Thursday, October 21, 2010

A Mother's Prayer for her Daughter In Law

I've been reading a book called "Preparing Him for the Other Woman" at bedtime. It's subtitled "A mother's guide to raising her son to love a wife and lead a family." It's a lovely book with chapters like "Teach him to resolve conflict," "Teach him to become a Godly leader" and "Teach him to express love." It's full of practical advice on how to do this at different ages. I especially like the last chapter which talks about preparing ourselves to give our sweet boys to their future brides.

For those of you who are moms of boys...

Dear God,
Prepare me to love my future
daughter-in-law.
Give me a heart that welcomes
her into our family. Help me to do my
part to prepare my son to be her husband,
and help me to release my beloved
boy to her when the time is right.
In Your name I pray, amen.

2 comments:

  1. I have no doubt that you will be a great Mother-in-law! I love mine. In fact, I don't think I could survive all the deployments and life changes without her. I am blessed to have a wonderful relationship with my own mother and one with my husband's. Peace is possible, and how wise to start praying now...

    ReplyDelete