Sunday, January 16, 2011

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Joshua is playing Upward basketball this season at First Baptist Church. I really like this program--the big boys also played when they were younger--because the emphasis is less on winning and more on character development. The games all start with prayer, each practice concludes with a devotion, there are memory verses each week, and a real focus on developing a Christ-like attitude towards sportsmanship.
He had his first game this weekend and had a blast! As he buckled into his seat afterwards, he declared, "I am DEFINITELY playing again next year!"  An early-season pronouncement. I'm sure the coaches were glad they didn't have to worry about him being a one-and-done and heading for the draft. :)
Oh, and he was an excellent defensive player and yes, he scored a basket. :)
There are phone photos---forgive the quality.

warming up

the players were announced as they came through the tunnel







two good buddies
 

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool! What great photos (no matter they are from the phone!) They capture the spirit of the game perfectly!

    ReplyDelete