Monday, June 6, 2011

seasons of our lives

This girl graduated last week.


 Here she is wearing her National Honor Society stoll after the ceremony. She also received the President's Education Award for academic excellence.


Her extravagant celebration lunch at Bojangles! (Hey, there's only a couple in the whole state. Since the cremony was only about 10 min away from one, we couldn't pass it up!)

As her mom, I have been very nostalgic about the last 18 years. I have loved having a girl in the house with all these men. She brought joy to my heart and I loved homeschooling her for the first 10 years of her formal schooling. Sewing Easter dresses and her ever-present Dorothy dress. How many new pairs of ruby slippers did we end up buying before she moved on? Gymnastics meets all over the world. Braiding her hair, even though I could never get it quite smooth enough. Trips together--Atlanta, Paris, New York City.....I have so many wonderful memories of times we spent together. So, because most of you are not here to look through my giant box of photos, I'll share some of those memories with you here on the blog. I thought about doing a slideshow but then just decided you could scroll down. :) enjoy...and hopefully you won't tear up like I did....




















Next stop, the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. God bless you, my daughter. I pray you will choose the narrow path and realize your full potential as you use the gifts God has given you. I love you always.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Al! We are thrilled for you! Have an amazing summer relaxing and planning your Carolina Blue years! God Bless you! Love, The Coombs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!! - Love, The Grahams

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, your sweet girl is just gorgeous!!! Congratulations Allison! ... The pictures brought tears to my eyes and I can't imagine all the special, special times you have shared with your girl, my dear friend. And, I just prayed for you all, as you start this new journey. *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete