Saturday, May 26, 2012

And We're Going...

We have had three big events since my last update. I'll begin with the most important.

Every year since we moved here we have had the privilege of placing flags at the state veterans' cemetery. I have written about it before and if you'd like to see pictures, you can click here,   here, and here. Such a meaningful way to start Memorial Day weekend. This year we had a wonderful speaker before we placed the flags. He is an Eagle Scout who is also a chaplain. He did a wonderful job of making the sacrifices paid by our military real to all those young men and women there to help.

before we began

heading out



All finished. Such a beautiful sight.

On a much lighter note, last night the boys went to a Bowie Baysox game. Can you guess what the theme for the night was?

That's right! Mustache night! Everyone with a mustache got in for half price. Our guys had 21 in their group and they made a very impressive facial-hair sight in the stands.

Joshua won 2nd place in the mustache contest, losing out to the one guy in the whole stadium who had a real mustache. Go figure. :)


And this afternoon we were entertained and blessed at the Anchor Baptist Church homeschool recital. Both boys played the piano. I have a picture of them before they began and for some reason forgot to take one during. I'm sure I will see one floating around somewhere and will snag it to show you. I do have a video but I doubt I will figure out how to get it on here. Trust me, though, it was a wonderful occasion. We followed it up with a cookout/luncheon with all our homeschooling friends. Is this the time to mention again how much we will miss them?


Tomorrow is (gasp!) a normal Sunday for us, with perhaps just a teeny bit of sorting and packing to do. Monday is another full day and I'll be sure to update!

God bless each of you and please remember those who have given the ultimate sacrifice in service to our country.

1 comment:

  1. I love you all, my busy litle family. Danna/mom

    ReplyDelete