Thursday, March 28, 2013

Puppenstein

Once upon a time I had a moment to myself. I could drink a cup of coffee in peace. I could email with two hands rather than one, I could take a day trip with the family with no more thought than filling up the cat bowls a little fuller, I could sit on the couch without wondering how dangerous the silence was. I could leave the dinner dishes on the counter if i didn't feel like doing them right away. I had extra cash.

All before the puppy.

Thelma Lou joined us mid-December, when she was just about 8 weeks old. Fluffy and soft and adorable, she stole our hearts. And all our time and spare change. Life is different now. Very different. We've had vet trips, things destroyed, hands chewed, training sessions, doggy daycare, more things destroyed....
But we've also had belly rubs and fetch and nice long walks in the woods and morning cuddles. Those are the things that keep this "cat person" hanging in there....




















No comments:

Post a Comment