But first, we had a mother/daughter brunch at church. The table I sponsored was to be decorated with a centerpiece that represented my family. I don't have a great picture of it there, but I did a trial-run here at the house to make sure it would all fit.
I changed the chalkboard. It now says "....be content. -Phil 4:11"
The quilt is one I made ages ago. The house represents the MANY houses we've lived in over the tears. There's a little sign that says "Home is where the Army sends you" next to the little Army Monoply boot and tank pieces.
I filled the basket with roses and placed the flags in and around them.
Our little German Lego people are both a representation of Joshua's German birth and the family's love for Legos! There's polish pottery egg and a "Carolina bred" pin. There is a little hidden pickle ornament, too...
(Pay no attention to the sombrero in the background.) :)
Here is my table at the brunch, filled with precious ladies, whom I will miss when I leave...
A special part of the weekend was getting to share it with my "adopted daughter" Abby. She was our babysitter years ago and we have been thrilled to get to spend time with her now that she's closer.
Mother's Day itself was a great because I woke up being thankful that God has allowed me to be a mother. It was what I dreamed of since I held my first baby doll. More than breakfast in bed, gifts, cards, and free back massage coupons, the gift of simply being their mother has blessed me beyond measure..
My two sweet boy spoiled me once again this year. Besides mailing me a card, which was such a fun treat, they made breakfast, got me a pillow I've been wanting, and made sure I felt special all day long. We got to go to see a movie in the afternoon (Moms' Night Out-so funny!) in between church services and had barbecue for lunch. Yum!
After evening service, the big kids came over to watch Once Upon a Time with us. A nice end to a wonderful day...
Written by Nick for me this year:
For mom. I love you. Mother's Day, 2014
Before the earth was without form,
Before it was covered by flood or storm,
I was chosen just for you,
My thanks to you have been too few.
Before He said, "Let there be light,"
Before He made the day and night,
I was chosen just for you,
To me, there's nothing you could not do.
Before He died for you and me,
To pay our rightful penalty,
I was chosen just for you,
You taught His love, He made me new.
Before He sends me to the field,
To preach His wondrous love revealed,
I was chosen just for you,
My life, like vapor, quickly blew.
And on this special day, I pray,
Our joy in Christ will have its way,
Because you were chosen just for me,
With love that lasts eternally.
"I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always.
As long as I'm living,
My momma you'll be..."







Please tell your Nick, that his beautiful writing made a mommy all the way across the ocean overflow with tears. Thankful tears and honored tears that I get to be a mommy, too... praying my children will follow Christ, just like Nick is choosing to do!
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love the mother/daughter table décor. So meaningful, thoughtful, and beautiful, my friend. Looks like a great day!!! Belated Mother's Day hugs from Germany!
Hi LeighAnne! I've been meaning to email you back after your comment. :) I love following what you guys are up too. Happy Belated Mother's Day! We are the luckiest women in the world! Blessed beyond measure. Your table decoration is a small illustration of that for sure.
ReplyDelete