This week, while the Middles had both cars, the Whistler and I decided to walk to the library to see about signing up for summer reading club. It was a balmy 97 degrees that day. Thank goodness for big shady magnolia trees on the way or I don't think we would have survived. :)
Joshua didn't have any trouble finding a pile of books he was interested in reading. I think it's going to be a mystery-filled summer for him!
He is also reading Elizabeth Enright's series, the Melendy Quartet.
He is on the second book right now and is LOVING it. Also on his radar is the Mysterious Benedict Society series. I love that he loves reading....
![]() |
| Too good to put down |
I am not usually too big on reading "new" books. We tend to prefer the classics around here. But these two books are DEFINITELY worth reading.
As for me, I am really enjoying the break that summer reading is giving me, as well as the challenges some of my books are presenting.
Currently on my nightstand:
How People Change is another good one. It is a challenging book to me. To look beyond my circumstances at the bigger picture and the role that the Cross plays in every situation.
I have to finish The Silver Chair this week so I can move on to The Last Battle and I'll be done with all the Narnia books. There is also a Debbie Macomber book I'd like to read for fun. My goal is to finish all 8 of these books this summer BEFORE we get on the plane.
Coming up with new ones for the flight will be a project for a later date. :) Send some recommendations if you have them!
Happy summer!






No comments:
Post a Comment