Saturday, April 11, 2015

Up From The Grave He Arose!

I love the songs we typically sing on Easter morning. I wonder sometimes why we don't sing them throughout the year. They just fill my heart with wonder and awe at the kind of LOVE that would do what Christ did for me.
Maybe I'll start playing them more throughout the year. And at Christmas time. Wouldn't that be awesome to sing songs of Christ's Resurrection while we are remembering His birth? The one was the reason for the other!

We had a lovely, quiet Easter here. Dinner with our church family and an egg hunt (with rules and this year a time limit-thanks to the Soldier, who likes to keep things interesting. (-;  )


We used natural materials to dye our eggs this year. Shown here are onion skins, cabbage, and tea simmering...



I made a hummingbird cake for the church dinner. There was nearly a stampede to get some. Everybody loves hummingbird cake!

Thelma Lou was unsure of what to think of Joshua's newest friend, whom I'm calling "Juanita." (get it?)

This is what I got when I told them to stand over there and look cute while I set up the camera.

And finally a nice picture. :)
Happy Easter, dear friends and family. Christ the Lord is risen today! Hallelujah! Sin hath no power over the Cross on which the Prince of Glory died. Praise the Lord for evermore!

No comments:

Post a Comment