Saturday, May 16, 2009

Air Show

Friday the boys and I went on a field trip to the Joint Services Open House Air Show at Andrews Airforce Base. We had a great time exploring all the aircraft and watching the airshow-especially the Thunderbirds. We also found a hangar that was all set up with various Army units-Joshua got his own real dogtags, held replicas of weapons used by the 101st (he was proud to tell the Captain there that his dad was in the 101st), played "tag" with one of the explosive ordinance-detonating robots. Nick and Dave went through the virtual-reality Army experience. I have a feeling Nick will be hearing from some recruiters in the not-so-distant future.....

And here are the requisit Airshow pictures:
After loading into this plane Dave, Nick and I felt like going home and watching Band of Brothers!Joshua tried out as many different positions in various aircraft, vehicles as he could

Getting ready for the Airshow. The Thunderbirds and all the other acts put on a great show--next time we'll remember ear plugs! :)
FYI, for those of you who live in the area: Wed. of this week you can see the Blue Angels if you look up. I believe they'll be over the Severn River--it's part of the Naval Academy commissioning week. They'll be practicing on Tuesday so you may get to see them then, too! Last year we were walking into Home Depot in Annapolis and they flew right over our heads!

No comments:

Post a Comment