The kids brought me breakfast in bed, complete with the newspaper, flowers, cards, and gifts (a beautiful new Vera Bradley bag and some body lotion).
After church, while I relaxed, they all packed up a terrific picnic lunch and we drove down to the family housing side of the Naval Academy. It was a beautiful day and we enjoyed our lunch (including a beautiful and delicious strawberry cake w/ cream cheese icing that Alyson made) before heading off on a little walk along the seawall of the Bay. We ate next to a big field and after our walk Dave and Nick played catch and Alyson, Joshua, and I played frisbee and zoomball. It was a great afternoon. The only thing that would have made it better would have been if Jarrett was up here, but he sent me an adorable card and a CD I've been wanting for a long time!
Hope all the rest of you moms were treated as well as I was.....





What a special, special day you had! Sounds like your children enjoyed blessing the socks off their wonderful mommy! =) LeighAnne, you are such a godly mother and a wonderful inspiration. Hope to see you and chat again soon!
ReplyDelete