Friday, November 6, 2009

shopping savings

Today I had a chance to get down to Shoppers to try to snag some deals. I had a pretty good experience shopping--it's not a store I am very familiar with and they didn't have some of the things I was hoping to get for free. I also found out that they don't give overage. :( So my savings weren't as big as they would have been. For instance, the two ramen noodles would have MADE me a dollar if there was overage. But free is still good. :)

And there was one extra bonus: I got to meet a world record holder!! Apparently the SLOWEST CASHIER IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD works at that very store!! (note to those of you who are local: avoid Carol's check out line...)

All of the items above cost me a grand total of $24.79!! The total, before my coupons, was $71.26
Here are some of the particularly good deals:
2 ramen noodles-FREE
1 Sunkist tuna salad pack-FREE
1 Betty Crocker frosting-FREE
2 boxes Krusteaz honey corn bread mix-FREE
1 Krusteaz pancake mix- .79
2 Carnation evaporated milk-.06 ea.
2 pkgs Ortega seasonings-FREE
1 Betty Crocker pouch potatoes-FREE
1 Mr. Clean Magic Eraser-.53
1 Mr. Clean Multi-Surface spray-.73

I also bought, because the picture doesn't show it very well:
1 Nature Valley granola bars
1 Ziplock extra small containers
3 cans Progresso soup
2 boxes Progresso chicken broth
2 pkgs. Blue Diamond 100 calorie pack almonds
1 Domino powdered sugar-2 lbs
1 Marzetti light caesar dressing
1 Eggo buttermilk waffles
2 pkgs. Fresh Express salad blends
1 Dole frozen mango chunks
1 Welch's juice

24 bucks for 30 items-not a bad average.

2 comments:

  1. Free Rocks, doesn't it? You are doing great in your shopping. I need to replenish my Q stash. I've decided to go clip-less tho. cutting out is too hard and too time consuming. Looked at that planner again this morning. I just love it. I want to stamp some cards based on the page layout themes. It's so pretty. Have an amazing weekend, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! I have yet again let my blogging slip. I am fully into this couponing as well! It is such a high! I bought two Herbal Essences @ RiteAid today for .36! That is craziness! Anyway, thanks again for the tip! Now I am going to update my blog!

    ReplyDelete