Honestly, we didn't do as much as I wanted to while Danna was here. It seems like the time went by quickly! We went shopping one day, I thrilled her with a trip to my favorite fabric store, and took her to piano lessons with us, and out to dinner, and she got a tour of the Pentagon. We couldn't take pictures inside the Pentagon, of course, but I wish I had taken some outside or on the Metro! boo.
Saturday, though, we had an awesome day. We headed to Gettysburg since she had never been and there is a certain history "buff" in our family that never turns down a chance to go to a battlefield.
It was a windy day that day, but a beautiful one. We ate lunch at the very historical Ye Ole McDonalde's and headed out on our tour.
 |
| Getting the big picture |
 |
| Up on Little Round Top |
 |
| We got a GREAT workout in with all the hiking around we did! |
 |
| There were lots of costumed interpreters that day |
 |
| overlooking Devil's Den |
Super fun day! The drive there and back was gorgeous and although we know Papa would have LOVED the trip, we were so happy to be able to share it with Danna.
Awesome seeing you all together and Nick looks VIBRANT! What a smile he has!
ReplyDelete