Monday, December 12, 2011

'Tis the Season....

There's always a lot to do in December and we've had a blast the last week or so. Here is photo evidence:

The boys started off the month with a new Lego Star Wars advent calendar. What says Christmas season more than Boba Fett's Slave-1?
Joshua was in a play at church called Anton's Christmas. He played a beggar and a caroler. Nick did the lighting and sound for the production, which was made up of homeschoolers from our church. Have I mentioned lately how much I love our church??


are these not the most adorable little waifs you've ever seen?
 I got to go to a Moms' Night Out with some fabulous friends and fellow homeschoolers. We went to The Melting Pot in Annapolis, which is a fondue restaurant. I ate more melted cheese that night than I think I've eaten the entire year...


We began decorating the house:

Dave and Nick got free tickets to the Army-Navy game. Has anyone noticed how my husband has a knack of ALWAYS getting tickets to things that are in demand? The NLCS playoffs back in the early 90's (Go Braves!), the President in Iraq and Germany (technically he was working, but still), the Carolina-Duke game at Cameron Indoor.....well, this was no different. Got a call from out of the blue, and the next day he's at the game. Too bad Army lost, but they had a GREAT time.
While those two were at the game, Joshua and I went caroling with some friends from church. It was a fun night-we brought fruit baskets to the "listeners" and had a great time visiting in the van as we drove around. We went to the homes of some of the elderly and shut-ins from church to brighten their evening. There were around 50 total, and we split up into groups to reach about 15 different homes.


We did finally get a tree! We always go to the same place and are so happy with their trees and their service. It's a little local farm down the road from us. Gorgeous day out for tree shopping!


We had our soon-to-be Eagle Scout tie the tree down. He tied a half-hitch or something like that, if you're wondering.
Which brings us to this week! Lots more fun on the agenda so stay tuned for the wrap up. :)

1 comment:

  1. Finally, miracles of miracles my links opened on my computer; and I got to read much of your blog. I love the design, the news, the pictures, everything. Finally, I can keep up on all the little details that I never get to really hear about anymore. I love what your doing for Christmas; and I loved your window; and the lantern. Oh, and the cool stuff you did on your birthday. Oh, and those are two of the most adorable waif's, I have seen. And I love the carolina blue; best color in basketball:) Yeah, keep writing.

    ReplyDelete