Winter finally came. The wind howled, the temperatures plunged, the snow fell. Trains were delayed due to ice on the roads, my kids went snow-sledding all day (with 1 1/2 inches of snow, it soon became mud sledding...), we made hot chocolate with spray whipped cream. It was awesome.
It was awesome that it only lasted 3 days! Now we are back to fake-winter! Sun shining, temperatures warming up, snow is all melted. What on earth? With the crazy winter the rest of the country has been having, I am LOVING this non-winter we've had! It's almost like being back in the South. Without the sweet tea....
So far we are sticking with our commitment (I'm not using that "r" word) to go to the gym more regularly. We've got a good routine down and feel like we are actually getting our money's worth!
Nick is busy filling out his application for a service trip he wants to go on this summer. The group is going to a church in the Midwest to help them with some maintenance projects and also to encourage their youth group. He's really excited about the opportunity.
We broke out the pocket knives last week with our Cub Scouts and earned the Whittling Chip, which is a card they must have with them in order to carry their knives to a Scout function. We are glad to report that there were no injuries and that the Ivory soap as a carving medium worked great!
And, for you military-types, we have an RFO. :) One step closer....
Oh, and Joshua got Naked at the Mall. (heh heh...)


Yeah me too. My hyacinths are also coming up! Matthew is appalled at the lack of winter, but I love it! Your boy scouts are very talented. I am pretty sure that if I tried to whittle soap it would be disastrous. Good thing I can just stick to sewing. :)
ReplyDelete