Tuesday, April 10, 2012

And....we're done.

The big boy left yesterday with Rachael, headed back to work and real life. And we woke up this morning ready to jump back into real life as well. Well, maybe shuffle. But we'll get there.

We had a wonderful long weekend with Jarrett and Rachael. Easter Sunday was a beautiful day, with sunny skies and perfect temperatures. The boys placed flowers (yellow tulips and a purple mum) in my honor at church Sunday morning. I am a little saddened that, with all the busy-ness of houseguests, I did not spend enough time reflecting on the gift of forgiveness and salvation that was offered to us on that day. One thing I know for certain, though, is that EVERY day is a celebration of the resurrection. My heart is pricked to remember that-and with the upcoming move and inevitable busy schedule, I am committed to re-ordering my life to ensure that that fact does not get lost in the shuffle. Jesus Christ- my Savior- loves me, saved me, and keeps forgiving me, no matter how often I fail Him. Every day should be a celebration of that.

Dinner at our favorite German restaurant

Bracket prizes were awarded. The new girl cleaned up! Dad came through in the end with the big prize.


Lovely day at the Naval Academy

photo by Nick

Easter best. I'll put more Easter pics up when my camera finishes charging.

This is what happens with boys in the house.

The round was "to the death."

No comments:

Post a Comment