This is the first morning in 15 that I've gotten up to a house with no guests. It's kind of sad, actually! Thankfully, I have a few hours to wash sheets and towels and refill the fridge before the next group gets here, but I am going to be sorry when the visit-a-palooza comes to an end.
In the wee hours of this morning, my husband drove Phase 3 to the airport for their long trip back to Spokane, Washington. We had a GREAT time with my aunt Lori and her family. For those of you not in the family, Lori and I grew up like cousins. She is so much fun to be around and we have lots and lots of childhood memories we like to ruminate over every time we get together. She is also the most flexible of all of her siblings, and she stated that fact emphatically and often during their visit. There were many "I'm so sorry" looks exchanged with her husband, Rick....
On the way to the aiport a week ago, exhaustion was setting in:
But there were sights to be seen.....
 |
| It was a windy day. But someone could have told me I looked like this! |
 |
| Young men in George Washington's yard |
 |
| Annapolis |
 |
| A connection to Nick's favorite book, Airborne |
 |
| Rick took the boys to see the sunrise over the Atlantic (photo credit: Nick Gercken) |
 |
| lots of smooching. See that tooth? Look below: |
 |
| Fell right out on the ground in front of the Canadian embassy |
 |
| No corn on the cob for this guy |
 |
| It's official: they are wiped out. |
 |
| Nothing a little cousin conversation and some Chipotle can't fix! |
 |
| hanging out together on the last day.... |
You all are having WAY too much fun!!! I love all the fantastic sight-seeing pictures and you look fantastic, even with wind-blown hair!!! *Hugs*
ReplyDelete