Thursday, May 24, 2012

Sit Down, Hang On....

If you would like to keep up with us this weekend, I will do my very best to help you out. This is it. The official busiest weekend of our spring. Filled with all kinds of fun things to do and memories to make. I'm going to be diligent about getting the stories and pictures posted quickly since the computer will get packed next week.

Enjoy the ride.

Up first, Joshua's big outdoors/survival/hobo/cookout party, which really turned into a swimming party.
We had a blast tonight with Joshua's friends. I had big plans for lots of activities but then realized they really all just wanted to hang out together and play. So we scaled back, threw in a little fun, and had a great time.

I love this picture. Look at all those personalities! What a great group of friends both boys have here. We will surely miss them...

We began by making hobo meals (aka "silver turtles"). Hashbrowns, cheese, corn, bacon...the boys got to make their own packets, which went right into the coals of the fire.
Those, combined with fire-roasted hot dogs, made a yummy dinner!

A little after-dinner fun was exploding Diet Coke and Mentos. Always a crowd pleaser.

I didn't get great photos because I was trying to avoid getting sticky...

The boys headed out on a scavenger hunt in the woods next. They worked as a team and had a time limit to find everything on "The List."




They were successful! After checking off all their finds, they got one final clue--which led them to a treasure.


divvying up the goods

The evening was finished up with swimming, s'mores, and sparklers. I like the alliteration. Makes me feel like it was educational. :)






Such a fun evening...and just as everyone left, it started to sprinkle. :) Thank you, God, for holding it off so that little boy could have such a good time with his buddies. Little blessings...so important to notice them.



1 comment:

  1. So many wonderful memories. You're doing a great job mama. From your mama.

    ReplyDelete