Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Brown paper packages tied up with strings....

Just a few of my favorite things from the past week:

We bought some new rugs for the kitchen. I put them down and came back in five minutes later. Apparently the cats approve of our choice. :)
 


We got to have another dinner party in the back yard. I think it's a monthly thing now. The weather was perfect. Have I mentioned recently how much I love living in North Carolina? I do.
This party was actually our first Hail & Farewell with Dave's unit. We welcomed 3 new families and had a wonderful evening together.
 

So thankful for new homeschooling friends for Joshua. And great weather and a fun playground a block away. And an awesome big brother who is always ready with a fun game.

We all competed in a 5K here on post last Saturday. It was Joshua's first time ever and he did great. His dad did a wonderful job of encouraging him along the route and I loved hearing them calling cadence as they went along. Nick finished with a great time and we are all looking forward to next month's!

My favorite part of the past weekend was that this adorable newly married young couple dropped in for an overnight stay. We had such a great time with them--so great, in fact, that I didn't take pictures! The wife is just the cutest thing ever-so sweet and attentive to her husband. And the handsome husband is her knight in shining armor, always checking on her to see if she needed anything. We watched a movie, played UNO, visited, and took a little walk around the neighborhood. I hope they come back soon!

This is a sweet, sweet picture we took many years ago in Germany when that running boy above was just a teeny tiny newborn. So many precious memories from that time. 

 We recreated the picture this weekend.


It doesn't really have the same feeling.....  ;)

Hope you are all having a wonderful week. The next time you hear from me I will be just back from a weekend away (hooray!) in Wilmington with my soldier....

3 comments:

  1. Such a funny picture Leigh Anne!! I couldn't help but laugh out loud!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHH! Love the "recreation" picture! Hilarious and PRECIOUS! And, so happy your cat likes "his/her" new rugs. *smile* Have a blessed weekend with your sweetheart! Hugs ~ Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!!!! How fun you get to hang with the newly weds. And the picture of Joshua is too funny.

    ReplyDelete