This is the first year we've gotten to experience the famous Independence Day celebration at the home of the 82nd Airborne and XVIII ABN CORPS and it did not disappoint!
We started the day with a sweet fellowship at our church, People's Baptist Church. Many of our members were on vacation so we had a small but hearty crew there to enjoy some barbecue and visiting. I will definitely miss these southern church dinners when we move....
Free barbecue
Several concerts (.38 Special, the 82nd Airborne band, and Josh Turner)
and lots of fun!
You know what I really love? I love that people in the US go all out when celebrating our country. Maybe other countries get a little rush of country pride for the World Cup, but no other nations wear their colors quite as proudly as we do here.
Don't forget fireworks! This was one of the best shows we've seen-definitely worthy of the occasion and the location!
Happy Birthday, America! You may be showing your age a little, but you can still put on a great party!










No comments:
Post a Comment