Thursday, November 13, 2014

Honor

This Veteran's Day we drove to Luxembourg to the American Military Cemetery to pay our respects to the more than 5000 US veterans buried there. It was a breathtakingly beautiful drive and although we did get some rain during the actual ceremony, the trip was well worth it. 

I am so proud of my soldier-husband and now my soldier son. We also have several men in our families who served their country and I am grateful to each of them for answering their call to duty. 
Veterans' Day is kind of sandwiched in between a lot of busy holidays and events. I hope that we as a country never forget the sacrifices paid by our military. I know first-hand what my husband has given up in the service of his country. Long separations from family, missing births of children, little say in assignments and timing, ready to deploy at any moment, physical discomforts and pain, emotional strain, constant change. In return he gives his loyalty, his obedience, his skills and leadership, and his devotion. 
God bless the American soldier.








So proud of these two.

No comments:

Post a Comment