But it has one gigantic, gaping hole. It's missing our big kids. Every day, every adventure we take, every lovely afternoon walk, every evening spent by the fire, I miss them. I don't suppose it'll ever feel "good" to not have them around. I am so thankful for technology-even the improvements over the last ten years since we were here before, that help us stay in closer touch with them. But it'll never take the place of actually touching them. Laughing together on the couch, marveling over some amazing thing we saw, talking about their hopes and dreams, rubbing that baby belly....
I love them.
Here are some recent pictures from social media in case you miss seeing my big kids, too. :)
Baby time is getting closer! Also, J's IT career is going great and they are loving life in their new town. Rach has been working part time while she still feels good.
(The Marrieds were recently on Restaurant Impossible! They are tv stars now...)
(Cutest little basketball belly ever. He scored. ;) )
The girl is working two jobs and taking a full load of classes at the university. She works every day of the week but she's doing great! She's a North Carolina girl at heart...
The college boy is just about as busy as a college boy can be. He recently got hired at the IT dept at the school and was chosen to be the "face of MBU" on the fall literature they're sending out.
Life is good in a Germany, and in the States. Because God is good. All the time. Is it always easy? No. But it's good. And I know in my heart of hearts that the best place to be is in the center of the will of God. And that's where I want to be. And where I want each of them to be...










I LOVE this update on your "big kids." Wow, sweet friend. I know you and your beloved, are so incredibly proud of each of them, their love for Jesus, and how they are living the call HE has on their lives. You are an amazing woman, mommy, and soon to be grand-mama (I know you give our Heavenly Father the credit for your amazing "4"), but they have one loving, prayerful, godly mama who rejoiced over them, continues to savor each moments with them, and has raised them (is raising them!) beautifully. You are, as always, an inspiration to me. Sending hugs and "missing prayers" your way this morning.
ReplyDelete