Sunday, February 15, 2015

My Valentines...

We continued our 29-year old tradition (! Wow!! We better do something extra special next year-maybe a stuffed crust!) of making heart shaped pizzas together on a day we spend showing one another how much we love each other. I hope it's not the only day they know I love them, but I do love a special day set aside to do just that...

I got to spend the day enjoying the tulips my sweetheart got me on Friday...


We had a yummy breakfast together before heading out to a couple flea markets. It's still a little too cold out for any really great markets but I still found an antique French cheese board, which is now proudly residing in my kitchen. The guys were good sports and went along, but didn't find anything they couldn't resist. The rest of the afternoon was spent baking, chopping wood, reading, and chit chatting. A nice relaxing day..
I made some "love pies"-little personal pies filled with either Nutella or sour cherry preserves. Yum.


Then it was dinner time. My assistant and I had prepped the crusts a couple hours before so we were ready to shape and assemble the pizzas.


And alf an hour later, dinner was ready. 

We had pizza, salad, chocolate-covered strawberries, and sparkling cider in fancy glasses. All the best for my loves...

We played some games afterwards-there was a prize involved, so the competition was serious. 




Those two guys make my heart pitter-patter.

The games ended in a tie! And the tie breaker ended in a tie. So they shared the prize. :) 

1 Corinthians 13:13-So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment