Monday, July 27, 2015

12

This month the boy turned 12. The beginning of the month of Boy Birthdays, and the first time he didn't have the siblings around to celebrate with him. I'm not going to lie, it was a little hard. Reality sometimes is. Life has changed so drastically in the past year and every time I think we've settled in, something else pops up to disturb our settled-in-ness. (? Just go with it...)

Anyway, we did have a really fun day celebrating 12 and he pronounced it "awesome" so I'll take that!

Good morning to the world's newest 12 year old!

We took a friend and went to the Rebstock Schwimmbad (swimming pool) in Frankfurt-one of our favorite old haunts when we lived here before. The slides were closed for repairs, ufortunately, but the guys had a great time anyway!

Present-opening time was pretty exciting!


I love that face so very much...

His Minecraft cake

 Part of his gift from his dad and I was to go to a medieval festival and get to choose some things from the market. We had a great time watching the knights and all the interesting acts at the festival. These guys below had no problem riding their valiant steeds into the tent to quench their thirst!



 Joshua considered a sword, but in the end decided on some accessories to go with his medieval outfit...
His belt is handmade and fit specifically for him



He chose a belt and buckle, a leather pouch to hang off it, a horn to drink out of (which also hangs from his belt), and leather gauntlets. He's definitely looking the part!

I have to stop to say that every single day I am so thankful to have that sweet boy in our lives. What a surprise he was to us all those years ago and we could never have known then what God already knew. That we needed his laugh and hugs and constant singing to remind us daily of what joy truly is. The simple joy of daily life. It makes me hum a little, too. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment