Thursday, March 18, 2010

Charm City Cakes

While we were in Baltimore this morning, someone had the great idea of going to see Charm City Cakes! For those of you who are not Food Network fans, it is a show about a bakery in Baltimore that makes all kinds of fabulous 3-dimensional cakes. They make cakes for local birthday parties, cakes for movie premiers, even the cake for the Super Bowl. Joshua and I have the DVR set to record so we don't ever miss an episode. It's our favorite. :)

Thanks to technology, we googled the address, plugged it into the GPS and pulled up out front 4 minutes later. As we already knew, the windows were blacked out and no visitors were allowed, but we still had fun just standing outside. Since I can't afford to get a cake from them (they start at a thousand dollars!!!) pictures are just fine. I don't mind being touristy too much. :)

If you've watched the show before, you've seen a shot of this bench in the opening credits. I thought it was pretty hilarious to see the bench on a regular day. Welcome to the Greatest City in America!

No comments:

Post a Comment