Not too much to report this week, but we're still crafting! I have made some things I just LOVE, and Joshua has even learned how to sew!
In honor of Shark Week, we cut out a pattern from felt and Joshua stitched and stuffed his new friend, Lloyd.
Our dad is away this week, which means this week is also called, "we're doing whatever mom wants!" Yesterday that meant figuring out where a certain quilt shop was in Annapolis. I have been wanting to go there FOREVER and finally found it. The one problem with "doing whatever mom wants" is that chances are good the passengers aren't thrilled about the choice. I promised I would not spend long in the store, bribed them with goodies from the nearby bakery, and scooted in.
Oh. my. word.
Well, so, if you are wondering where I am anytime I have a free minute, you can find me at
Cottonseed Glory.
In an effort to keep my promise, I rushed through the store (giggling like a school girl) and snatched up some fat quarters (so there would be no cutting involved) before I dashed out to the van doing a victory dance. I found my happy place!! :)



Can you believe I've lived here 5 years and have never stepped foot in the door of said quilt shop? Of course I tell my sister in law it's because I may not be able to restrain myself once I am inside. Can you attest to that? Seriously, that sneak peek is not enough of your fabric! I need some full blown fabric pictures!!! I have Simone's bed quilt coming up in the next two years. Also, double LOVE on the picture of Joshua sewing! Every person on the planet should know how to sew! That shark is AWESOME. Does he get a merit badge for it?
ReplyDeleteKate--I totally thought of you when I was there! You HAVE to go. Do not take the girls. Make sure you have TIME. It's jammed with fabric to inspect, touch, match, dream about. You'll love it! :)
ReplyDelete