We had a busy week last week, actually. VBS was every night and we also threw in swimming lessons, PT, and a couple other things.
VBS was a BLAST. We are so very glad to have found our church. I feel blessed every time I hear our pastor speak, whether to the Sunday congregation or to a group of active 4-13 year old VBS kids. There was a lot of fun going on at VBS this year-the theme was "Rev It Up" and there was even a real car in the fellowship hall-but there was a lot of seriousness too. Pastor Counterman doesn't mince words. There is no skipping around the truth that each and every one of us is going to die someday and without a personal relationship with the Lord there is no way for us to be in heaven. It was awesome to hear this truth presented and to see the attentiveness with which it was received. 4 children made professions of faith this week-praise God!
Another huge blessing and answer to prayer was that Nick was able to work the entire week with us! Not only work for 3 hours straight each night, but work with the 4-5 year olds, which adds at least a couple labor hours each time! He was worn out and by the end of the week wasn't feeling very good, but was having so much fun with the kids he pushed through and made it and we are so thankful for that. He is a gentle spirit and I know was such a calming influence in his group of kids.
Some of you don't know this and probably wouldn't believe it, based on the number of photos I've posted of Joshua in the pool, but that kid has never taken a swimming lesson in his life! We changed that up last week, though, as he began his first session. He needs some technique instruction and he took to it, well, like a fish.
And lastly, I was going to have a touching post about how we raised a tadpole to adulthood and felt so proud of our accomplishment.
We had dreams of spending a couple weeks imparting our bug-catching wisdom to our little charge and wanted to make memories now that he (she?) had legs and could sit up attentively on the rocks to listen to our advice.
One day.
That's it.
So much for my tales of parental success. I bet he doesn't even bring the grandchildren back to visit.
I'm putting a screen over that bucket before the other ones grow legs.









No comments:
Post a Comment