Friday, September 7, 2012

and they were pronounced man and wife....

One week ago today, 45 or so family and friends converged in our back yard to begin the weekend celebration of Jarrett and Rachael's marriage. That means two things.
1) It is time to throw out the leftover potato salad.
and 2) It is also time to share the rest of the pictures!

I have some very special memories of the weekend. I've already said that one of them is having all my children home at the same time. It hasn't happened in a while and I really wish I could have stopped time for just a bit longer. It seems so cliche to say it, but to my friends who have small children at home who are messy and noisy and whiney and exhausting.....TREASURE these days. Those sweet little old ladies who pinch your baby's cheeks and tell you the time goes by so fast know what they are talking about. I wanted to gather all of those grown up, iPhone-toting, beard-sporting (well, one), future-facing young adults and wrap them in my arms and read them Blueberries for Sal and Where's My Teddy one more time before they headed out the door. So thankful to have Nick for one more year and Joshua for many. I wonder if they'll mind reading Milk and Cookies with me tonight....

Another special memory I have is staying up till VERY late Friday night (we are not speaking that time out loud) with Alyson making the bouquets and corsages and flower arrangements for the next day. I don't have any pictures of the process, but imagine us--sitting on the bathroom floor, leaning against the tub with buckets of flowers all around us. We were so tired we were laughing at every little thing. It was a special moment I will treasure. And the bouquets turned out pretty, too. :)



The inspiration for the wreaths came from a new blogging friend  here.

getting all pretty

the ring pillow and programs

apparently letting off some steam....

the groom and his men

my grandma and dad

dave's mom

my mom (Danna)

Another very special memory of mine. Being escorted down the aisle by Nick.
 Not only did Nick serve as Jarrett's best man and escort me down the aisle, he played the piano when Rachael came in with her father. They chose "In Christ Alone" for the song she walked down to. They wanted their ceremony to be a reflection of Christ's love for His bride (the church). It was so lovely and meaningful.
waiting for his bride
 They took communion as part of the ceremony and exchanged rings brought in by a handsome young ring bearer.
And here they are.
They were pronounced husband and wife and walked back down the aisle to "You're My Best Friend" by Queen. :)

Next up, the reception photos....

Genesis 2:24-Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing these priceless moments, your thoughts, and pictures... I plan to read "Caps for Sale" and "The Ear Book" to Levi, after breakfast and paint the girls toe nails this afternoon. Thank you for the reminder to "cherish" this time. I think I do, but your reminder is powerful my friend. I respect you as a godly wife and mommy; so much! Thank you Leigh Anne!

    The pictures capture so many special moments. What a handsome couple, beautiful testimony, and Christ-centered family! So happy for both families and the bride and groom!!!! Such a gorgeous wedding! May our Heavenly Father continue to bless your family in abundant ways!!! Sending lots of hugs and love, from Germany!
    ~ Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it all! So beautiful...everything. The flowers, the wreaths, the arch and YOU looked stunning :) Your son and daughter-in-law look so happy.

    ReplyDelete