No one was strumming any old banjos in our kitchen (you're humming it too, now aren't you?) but it's been a busy place! Lots going on, including a painting project I am working in and will show you soon.
But if you'd like to see what we've been cooking, you don't have to wait!
I hosted a coffee here last night and we had so much yummy food I thought I might burst by the end of the night. Here were my contributions:
Drinks were apple cider (with oranges and cloves),
This chai tea mix, which has become a cold-weather staple at the gbattery,
And cucumber-sage water, which was so crisp and refreshing.
I made Cucumber Slices Provençal
Oops. Sorry about the bad lighting. Recipe?
Sliced English cucumbers, sundries tomato pesto, goat cheese. Delicious.
This olive-cheese bread from the Pioneer Woman. I forgot to take a picture of my own before I started scarfing it down, so this is her photo, but mine looked basically the same. Cheese-y and olive-y and oh, so scrumptious.
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/06/olive_cheese_br/
And for dessert, mini apple pies. More like apple crisps, actually, because they are topped with a little crumble. Thank goodness there were a couple left over for breakfast this morning....
The food was wonderful, and the company was sweet. What a blessing to fellowship with other Christian ladies with plates overflowing and hearts abundant with gratitude for what the Lord has given us.....





Everything looks so yummy!!! (Looking forward to the recipes) I actually made the olive bread last week, too. =) Everything from "The Pioneer Woman" is a big hit in this house. And, Happy Birthday, sweet friend! Praying abundant blessings over this year of your life! Hugs ~ Sheri
ReplyDelete