Friday, November 1, 2013

Trick or Treat




Halloween in the 'hood is such a fun family event. Sure, people drive over here in droves because they think we have the "good" candy. And yes, there was the occasional inappropriate costume, but for the most part it was just good, clean, family fun. The weather was great and everyone was happy. 

We started the day off early with unit/family fun run at 0615! Lots of dogs, costumes, and cadences. 
Caesar led the run...

Friar Nick won best family member costume 

Jase Robertson (Joshua-in the back) won best kid's costume, maybe because he was the only not-super hero.

Thelma Lou went as Air Bud but she didn't win. ( I think there were some Carolina haters among the judges...)

After lunch we carved gigantic pumpkins.







And the finished products: 


Crockpot chili and cornbread with honey for dinner and it was time to head outside...

Gathered up his buddies...
And the hords started coming. I would say we had at least 300 kids, not including parents. The street was PACKED. 



And the obligatory candy haul picture...

The most special thing for me was the family time. I'm appreciating so much every moment we have together as I know it won't last forever....

I have had mixed feelings over the years regarding Halloween and trick-or-treating. Here is an article that articulates why we do participate in trick-or-treating, fall festivals, trunk-or-treat, etc. Everyone's circumstance and convictions differ. God bless you as you seek His will for your family....

No comments:

Post a Comment