4 years ago, when we were in the middle of doctor visit after doctor visit and test after test, I didn't dare think this far in the future. I was so deeply mired in the business of caring for the boy that there was no time or energy left to look ahead. But God did. He already knew where we would be and where He would send the boy and how those events would shape the young man He was even then molding.
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11 ESV
Fast forward to now. That sickly boy whose frail body couldn't even bear sitting upright for an entire church service, is off to Bible college to become a missionary and take that message of HOPE to the world. God's plans were even bigger than our hopes.
Here's a little peek of our last week together at home...
We had a mother-son breakfast date one morning...
And a FaceTime call with Danna..
Look at the difference!
Packing his room was a daunting task. Piles to take to school, piles to send to Germany, piles to put in storage....just piles everywhere.
The brothers bonded.
Surprise! Somebody caught a hop back in time to see him off to school and hear him speak at church.






















No comments:
Post a Comment