Monday, September 8, 2014

This is home

I have found it pretty impossible to even think about the Chronicles of Narnia, let alone read them or watch the movies, as of late. I've grown almost as attached to the Pevensie children as I am to my own and them growing up one by one just makes my mama heart ache. Then there are the songs from the soundtracks......

"I've got my memories
Always inside of me
But I can't go back
Back to how it was...."

Or 

"I'll come back when you call me
No need to say good bye...." 

Oh my heart.

This is a pretty great group of guys.

Nick's at his new home-for-now. And although those accommodations are NOT what I would consider adequate he is happy and settled and loving it. 



We loved spending the rest of the weekend with him, getting to know his friends, meet some of the professors and staff at the school, enjoy the FANTASTIC dining facility (Joshua want to go to school at Maranatha just so he can eat there every day!), and getting to know Nick's new home.


Playing "carpet ball"

Alumni football game with a train rolling by in the background 

And then it was time to say good-bye. 

We had a sweet time of prayer together in the hotel room. And a lot of tears. What a joy and a privilege it has been to parent that young man and be with him through his illness. To see God work in such mighty ways in his life and to get to send him off to serve the Lord as he knows he was called to do. My heart aches to have him with us again, worries about his health, misses his sweet smile and jokes, but is comforted knowing that, just as Hannah gave her son Samuel to serve God and was blessed for it, God sees and knows my feelings. I trust in Him, the Author and Perfector of our faith.



And then there was one.

1 comment:

  1. I'm bawling... I have so much I'd like to say after reading your words and seeing your precious pictures in this space, but nothing seams adequate. Thank you for sharing part of this journey... Praying. Sending love, hugs, and faithful prayers.

    ReplyDelete