No, I don't have cell phone service yet, no driver's license or car, and I still don't know my way around the three commissaries here, but when we walk out our gate onto the paths though the fields and I see the acres of green and the hills in the distance and wind mills and smell the horses, it feels like "home." I don't know. I just like it.
Thelma Lou, on the other hand, is ready for more luxurious accommodations...
So, a house tour of our empty house. Here you go. :)
The house was originally stables and is on maps as far back as the late 1600's.
The inscription above the door indicates a family name and its establishment
From the dining room looking towards the living room. The lovely furnishings are courtesy of the US military and as uncomfortable and unattractive as they are, we are thankful to have them!
The second floor. I (heart) the floors so much.
Modern bathroom in an old house!
Our first night at home, new friends from church brought us dinner, which we enjoyed in our camp chairs by the fire..
And now, the two coolest rooms in the house---


















Love it!!! And Joshua's room OH MY! A young boys dream! So thankful you are feeling at home and I'm loving all the pics you are sharing :) Enjoy all those glorious walks!!!
ReplyDelete