Tuesday, October 7, 2014

One week in

8 days, actually. I've just about finished reading the recycling instructions. I'm pretty sure we will be getting fined at some point-that is WAY too complicated for my American "throw it all in together and let someone else sort it out" mind.

I have had some success, though-started making friends with the cashier at the Frisch Markt down the street. That's important, because we need to go there often for Kinder Eggs and Apfelshorle! 

But before I get on with the story of us here, I've got to finish out our last days in North Carolina...

One of the most important things we had to do was buy a car for Alyson. She moved to Fayetteville this summer and needed to have a car before we left! We were REALLY pressed for time, but once again, God showed He had it all in His hands. We found a great little car for her and got it at exactly the price point we were hoping to stay. On the last day in Fayetteville. Why do I ever doubt Him??


We were now staying in the guest house. Three humans, two cats, and one dog.

Saturday (T-minus 2 days) we went back up to Greensboro to see the marrieds and the baby bump one last time, and to go see Tim Hawkins in concert. I was beyond exhausted at that point and actually thought a couple of times that maybe we should just bag it but I'm sooooo glad we went. 
Last Chick-fil-A breakfast on our way up. We almost missed it because we got a late start, but I called ahead and explained our desperation and they graciously saved us some chicken minis. :)

We did some "last" Target shopping...

Watched a football game...
And assembled some baby gear...


Then it was off to the show!
We had VIP tickets, along with about 500 other VERY important people...

The show was a blast. I honestly had sore ab muscles from laughing so hard. I needed that.
Lots of hugs and one more picture with J and R...
And back to Fayetteville we went. 
Sunday we said good-bye to our dear church family. 
And our wonderful neighborhood friends.

And hugged this girl one more time.
And it was off to Maryland to spend the night and wait for our flight the next day.
The next day would have never been possible without the help from my dear friend, Robin. I owe her big time.
 And, just like that, we were ready to board.
We made it.
and so did Thelma Lou ad Kure.

Up next: our first day.

No comments:

Post a Comment