Sunday, January 4, 2015

Glenleiten and Partnach Klamm CONDENSED

A month has gone by and because of that, this will be the abbreviated, photos-only version of our trip to the little farming village of Glenleiten and our hike through Partnach Klamm and over the mountain. There are bigger things to talk about but I need to get these uploaded for posterity! (And also so I don't forget what a wonderful, delightful, blessing of a trip this was)

Here you go!
the charming village of Glenleiten, a living history "museum" which hosts a Christmas market on one weekend-the weekend we were there!



the entrance to Partnach-Klamm, otherwise known as "the gorge." 








After we exited the gorge, we made the fateful decision to take the "Hohenweg," which translates to "high way." And it was truly the HIGH way. Breathtaking views once I caught my breath from the breathtaking hike...

He took it in stride...


Do you want to sing "The hills are alive....."?



We warmed up and had a delicious lunch in a restaurant at the base of the Olympic ski stadium. A great end to a great day. Then it was time to hit the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment