Saturday, February 6, 2010

early morning snow pics

It is very quiet in the house. Everyone else is sleeping and the house is insulated from the outside sounds by all the snow. I'd be interested to see just how much snow is on the roof. I can guess by looking at the neighbor's house across the street, but I am not going outside to look for myself! We still have power, which I am very happy about, and my cup of coffee is nice and warm. The boys had a sleepover in a fort we made downstairs. They were loaded up with popcorn and drinks and board games and movies. I wonder how long they lasted before one of them fell asleep. I think everyone is sleeping so late because it's so warm in the house. I left the heat up last night just in case the power did go out. I figured that would keep it warm a little longer.
Here are some shots I took this morning.
We are still under a blizzard warning until 10 pm today. The snow is still falling steadily but I can't tell how heavily because it is blowing so much. It looks like the flakes are smaller than last night which means it's lighter and will probably blow around a lot in the winds. I heard on the news this morning that there was "thunder snow" last night. I am so bummed we missed it! Have you ever heard of thunder snow before?
p.s. If, by any chance, you happen to be in Hawaii while reading this (ahem...) just go get your snorkle and sunblock. We're fine and you don't need to worry about us! :)

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I've heard of thunder snow! No info on if we had it down here, yet. I think it was more up your way?! Glad to know you are all ok. We are, too! K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy isn't it?! I have to have all the lights on in the house because the snow is covering up our windows too! Wish I could be there to play some board games. I'm the only one in my family who likes to play them. And well, the girls CAN play games but there is only so much Candy Land and Bingo I can handle...

    ReplyDelete