***Update: Just found out that they will have a 2-hour delay for the rest of the week(Wed-Fri)! Now THAT is something I could get used to!
For a little perspective on this winter, the average snow fall in this area for the entire season is 18.8 inches. So far this season we have had 79.9 inches!
No school tomorrow (Tuesday) .....that wail you heard was Alyson realizing her summer vacation is going to be about a week and a half long....
I was wondering what they'll be doing with the kids' school years. We only received a dusting here yesterday and I think PWC was the only one going in on time and not closed or 2 hrs late.
ReplyDeleteoops! upon further investigation Code Green means teachers go in but no students. What do I know?!
ReplyDeleteCode Blue for teachers here...I think that means liberal leave policy? I have no idea. We didn't get any measurable snow yesterday but there are sidewalks and bus stops that are not cleared yet so they had to close the whole county. There are 75,000 public school kids in this county. I imagine it's a big job getting everything cleared enough for all of them.
ReplyDeleteWhew it's a long time without school! You find a 6 year old on your doorstep with a sign reading "Will work for education."
ReplyDeleteHee. Hee. Well, I feel bad for Alyson, but I'm excited that we will have the swimming pools on post to ourselves until July! Ha. OK, maybe not, but homeschooling has hidden blessings. =) *Hugs*
ReplyDelete