Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Metro, Mozart, and more

Today just Joshua and I took a trip into DC to see a performance of Mozart works, performed by a trio from the National Symphony Orchestra. Yes, the one you see on PBS. It was a great time. Before the performance they had some instruments out in the lobby for the kids to try. Joshua played all of them-the oboe, the flute, the piccolo, and his favorite, the harp.
I hope he remembers all of these incredible experiences as he gets older. I look at them as enrichment activities, but also as wonderful ways to spend our times together-enjoying music and the arts and long talks on the subway ride.
Afterwards we made a quick stop off at Home Depot to purchase a much-needed item. Having looked at the forecast for the next 10 days, this was a must!
BRING IT ON!

1 comment:

  1. We may have to postpone the party....again! More snow....UGH!

    ReplyDelete