Wednesday night was Bible character night at Truth Trackers. Joshua went as a fishy, seaweed covered (but not smelly) Jonah. He looked awesome!
Thursday night was the church homeschool picnic. All of us went (I don't know why I don't have a picture of Nick, but he was there) and it was great! Chicken and drinks were provided and everyone brought sides and desserts. There was a lake nearby, a great playground, basketball court, and lots of hiking trails. It was so nice to be out with the entire family.
![]() |
| so great to see Dads getting a chance to fellowship--although, from the looks on their faces, they could be up to some trouble.... |
Unfortunately, after the parade, THIS little finger got smashed (and locked) in the Jeep door.... :(
Saturday afternoon was the workday with no end. It began with the annual "assembling of the gazebo." My two men have this down to a science and although I don't have a picture of it finished, you can believe me when I say it looks great! And now begin several glorious months of breakfasts and dinners (and some lunches) out by the pool....
Also Saturday we had a huge job of removing the washer and dryer (which came with the house and are both on the fritz) from the basement and replacing them with the washer and dryer we've had stored in the garage BEHIND EVERYTHING. It involved all kinds of things, like doors being removed, bins being sorted (if we have to move them, why not check to see what's inside?), and me crying. I have no pictures, because in the middle of the whole thing THIS thing surprised us:
yes, you CAN see the rest of his 4 ft long body curled up on the wall ledge. Yes, it was disgusting. No, we did not kill it--it escaped down a crack in the floor. Yes, we sealed that sucker up tight. And no, I'm not completely comfortable with the situation. In fact, that's enough talking about it.
Mother's Day was so sweet. I forgot to take pictures. :( Jarrett called me (wish he could have come up--hopefully soon!) and sent a beautiful card, Alyson and Joshua made cards and a rice krispies "cake" and decorated up the dining room really cool, and Nick melted my heart by getting up at the crack of dawn (you know what a big deal just THAT part is...) and making me a full breakfast, which included turkey bacon, eggs, an english muffin, cucmber slices, coffee, azaela blooms in a vase, little "Happy Mother's Day" signs stuck on toothpicks in the food, and a special letter, all of which he brought to me in bed at 7 am! My husband was sweet and attentive and took good care of me. What a wonderful family I have....
Last night we had a flag retirement ceremony with our Cub Scouts. They were very reverent about the whole thing--I hadn't seen one done before so Dave taught us ALL something...
And now onto the middle of May. Countdown to graduation!













Wow! You guys are busy! The finger (ouch) and the snake gave me the willies! Yikes! I'm using a lot of exclamation marks here! I like Joshua's costume. And it's great to see pictures of your big kids too.
ReplyDelete