Here are some examples:
Do you remember this lamp I posted about a month or so ago? I got it for 4 bucks at Goodwill. I also scored a brand new almost-drum shade there for $3. Here's how it turned out! I LOVE the fabric--got it at Jo Ann's and it just makes me smile. :) It's a part of my craft area makeover, which isn't quite done yet. I'd show you the in progress pictures, but you'd be in shock at how messy a crafter I am . Instead I'll just show you some close-ups.
I'm not entirely thrilled with how the shade came out. I wanted more of a roman shade look. The problem was that the room is in the basement and I didn't want to block the natural light. I also wanted to be able to see the sky when sitting at my sewing machine. So I ended up making it more of a pleated shade. I do like the bright colors, though...
This is an inspiration "cork" board I made with an old frame. Spray painted it white, then used corrugated cardboard with a layer of craft foam for the back, which I covered in orange burlap. Love it!
My husband asked me recently why I am continually winding twine and yarn around things. I am obsessed!! Seriously, it is fun and mindless and turns out so darn cute. I got the bowl at Goodwill for a couple bucks and think it looks so fun up on the shelf.
I haven't just been working on my craft area, though. Here are some other things I've finished lately:
I've made a gazillion of these pretty felt flower pins. I wear them ALL the time! I always wear a cardigan out, now that everyone has their air conditioning on, and I pin a cute flower on to jazz it up. I've gotten lots of compliments on them. They are super fun to make.
These little woven bracelets take about five minutes to make and look adorable with jeans and a t-shirt!Our cub scout den had the honor of presenting our Cub Master with a thank you gift for all his hard work this year. The boys created the card at a den meeting and I put together the lamp. I got the original lamp off Craiglist, removed the orange paper shade and recovered it with khaki fabric that resembles the cub scout uniform. Iron-on letters and I used liquid stitch to attach the ribbon trim.
I covered the base with twine (I told you!!) then glued on little figures representing the different Cub Scout ranks and attached a Cub Master patch. We presented it last night and he really liked it.
This last project isn't finished yet, but at least one cushion is. I'm recovering the cushions on our patio furniture--dont you LOVE the fabric? I am so in love with the beautiful aqua fabrics that are out this year. They make things look so fresh and clean!
So that's it. Still a lot to do, but now you have a good idea of just what I've been up to the last few weeks....
I'll leave with with a quote I read recently:
One craft project, like one cookie,
is never enough....










I LOVE your fabric choices! The fabric on that lamp shade is awesome. And I am really in love with your window shade fabric too! I really like bright colors too (hence the blue couches in my home)! And you scored such great finds at goodwill! I love it ALL!
ReplyDeleteWOW! You have been one BUSY crafty lady! I love everything!!! And, please tell me where to learn how to make those flower pins. =) Lots of hugs & Prayers! *Hugs*
ReplyDelete