Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Last Week

Joshua and I went to our final performance in our Kennedy Center series. This one was a class given by 5 members of the National Symphony Orchestra on rhythm. I like the NSO classes especially because they have an instrument "petting zoo" before the performance and the kids can try out the instruments they'll be seeing.




Friday night was the final Pack Pow Wow of the school year (I love all these "finals!"). Our den presented the Cub Master with the lamp I showed you in a previous post and they got to run the gauntlet of older Scouts as they moved up to Bears!

Saturday Nick helped with a friend's Eagle Scout project, Dave took Joshua to an awards picnic at church, and Alyson and I ran errands. No pics of any of those...

Sunday afternoon we went to the Massing of the Colors ceremony at Fort Meade. It's an annual tradition, celebrating the units at Fort Meade and honoring the fallen.
This little guy was very interested in the whole event.


Here is some of the ceremony, as recorded by Joshua:





Snacks at the end were an added bonus:

More science experiments. In this one, Joshua made his own thermometer to understand why the liquid in the tube rises.


And, yep, I got more free shoes. :) Gotta love product testing!

1 comment:

  1. Did you start running right away? They should send you a running outfit to match. Oh, that sounds kind of selfish--like the free shoes weren't enough! Forget I said that. Danna

    ReplyDelete