Monday, November 17, 2008

single parenting...

Just another week of single parenting around here.
Let's see...what's on tap?
  • Pick up A from indoor track every day
  • Of course school with the boys every day
  • Babysit for friend Mon.
  • Scouts Tues.
  • Boys' dentist appts Tues.
  • PWOC Wed.
  • AWANA Wed.
  • My dentist appt Thurs.
  • Guitar lessons Thurs.
  • Hosting youth Bible study Thurs.
  • Homeschool co-op Fri.

This morning I read this in the Bible study Al and I are doing together:

...It seems like we're always with people-people at home, people at school (and after school), people at church......On and on the people list goes. Yet, here's the truth:

The greater the proportion of your day-of your life-spent hidden in quiet, in reflection, in prayer, in study, in scheduling, in preparation, the greater will be the effectiveness, the impact, the power of the part of your life that shows.

Wow. It certainly is a challenge to find time to be alone when the schedule is so busy and I am the "only one" running the roost. But when the reward is so great-that my peace would show, that others would see Christ in me-how can I not make that my priority?

No comments:

Post a Comment