
Apparently Nick decided the only way he could show his true, hardcore loyalty to the Tarheels was to throw himself off the trampoline and join the boys sitting on the bench. Wouldn't one of those stick-on tattoos have been sufficient? I think he is hoping he can redshirt the rest of his freshman year....
After Nick was hurt, Joshua decided it was time to step up and take care of his beloved brother. He read him his reader from school and gave him a piece of candy. He was very concerned when I put him to bed and prayed that not only would Nick's arm feel better, but that the doctors would be gentle with him. I was taking Nick to the ER around 11:30 last night (oh, did I mention this happened right after the youth group Bible study?) and the first thing he said this morning was, "How's Nick?"
Immitation is the sincerest form of flattery....So here's where we stand: an avulsion fracture to his elbow and a severe sprain. 5 days in the splint to let the swelling go down. Apointment with orthopaedist next Tuesday to re-examine and determine course of action. Possiblities are: ligaments will help reattach the bone fragments that have been broken off, enabling him to spend his recovery in a soft splint. OR fracture requires longer and stronger stability and he'll be in a full-arm hard cast for 6 weeks. We're pulling for the first one....
Oh, I am so sorry Nick! I hope you're doing ok. I KNOW how painful those things are! I am, however, proud of you for stickin' up for your team like that! A true fan! Maybe they should all come visit you! And Josh is following in their footsteps, being YOUR true fan!
ReplyDeleteOh, Nick! The first thing that comes to my mind is conditioning for Spring Baseball! Adam just told me that it's time to condition for spring ball at school. I'll be praying for a speedy recovery and quick healing for you. Enjoy the games on TV. I'll be sticking to the Big Ten and possibly George Town...they've always been a fav of mine. Praying for you, Mrs. Coombs
ReplyDelete