Saturday, January 10, 2009

Crop till you drop....

Today I decided it was time to get started on one of my goals for the new year. This year, rather than looking at the enormous pile (I actually bought a piece of furniture to store them in) of photos I have and crying, I am going to put them in books as the events happen--or soon after. I'm releasing myself from the guilt of not archiving the most precious moments of my children up till now and am going forward!

Unfortunately for my family, that meant they had to deal with THIS all day:





I spent the entire day working on them, but I am very happy with the finished products. I decided to start with our trip to New York, since that seemed a little less intimidating than Christmas.
Something you can't see in the photos is the dimension on the pages. I used brads, and thread, and chipboard, etc. to give texture and dimension to the pages so in person they look even better!




This one is so cute. See how I put a little picture of Alyson on her 5th birthday on the Wicked page? She was smack in the middle of her Wizard of Oz phase then. :)


5 pages in one day! Does that rock or what??

3 comments:

  1. Oh, you are making me feel very guilty...I think I am going to make Matthew's album and then just get rid of my scrapbook stuff! I just don't seem to have the time or energy to do it anymore. Joey and Ben have great baby albums but Matthew has zilch...the guilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, rub it in. The last album I worked on was the first two pages I did from our trip to visit you in Germany.!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok ok. Those look really nice. I need to work on mine since I have all this "free" time now.

    ReplyDelete