Friday, January 16, 2009

We made it

well, we made it back in one piece. And with hardly any traffic to contend with! God obviously decided I needed a break from the last time.

Joshua went with me and we had a dandy time. We (well, HE...I was driving...) watched The Princess Bride, listened two 2 Adventures in Odessey stories on CD, and watched a new movie about a turtle (I can't remember the name but I have the song stuck in my head) twice. Of course, this was just on our way home. While we were there it was QDR on the radio the whole time. :)

For those of you who don't know what I am talking about, we took a little trip to a place that has a lot of this:



where I enjoyed a biscuit, some chicken, and two big glasses of this:

and a bunch of this:




and, of coure, this gorgeous thing:




Yes, we took Jarrett back to North Carolina yesterday. I think he was ready to go--he already had dinner plans with a friend for last night! We were sorry to see him go, but glad to be back in our beloved North Carolina, where the sun always shines (I'm serious--we even had a sermon on this once....), everyone is friendly, and life is goooooood.......

It was funny because we stopped by the mall on our way out of town to get some Tarheel tattoos for our faces (be quiet, Gina...) and as we were walking through the foodcourt we heard a voice call out, "Josh??? Hey, Josh!!" We looked around and there was Nick's good friend, Ryan, and their youth leader Todd hanging out with a couple other guys! It was great to see them and I told Ryan it was a good thing he recognized Joshua because I never would have recognized HIM. He'd grown so much since we saw them last!



I swear, when we hit the Virginia border, the skies opened up and the heavenly choir began singing. It's that great. Really.


It was a fun -and long- day.

1 comment:

  1. I'm laughing a little as we now have 4 inches of snow here in "sunny North Carolina". It will be gone by Thursday, but we'll enjoy it for the moment.

    ReplyDelete