Dave and I went to see The Boy in the Striped Pajamas on post last night.

It's about the son of the commander of a Nazi concentration camp who makes friends with a little boy in the camp. One of the most moving films I've seen in a long time. I can't get it out of my mind. It's definitely NOT a date-night movie....the entire theater was quiet when the lights came back on and we all walked out to our cars in silence.
I don't know if I recommend it--because it wasn't "enjoyable" on any front and I'm still sad a full 24 hours after seeing it. I can promise you, though, if you do see it you won't soon forget it.
The one thing I would say that struck me as "odd" is that they all speak with british accents. It was a little off-putting at first. I did find out that it is a British-American film, whatever that means but I'm not sure that they didn't keep their accents British in order to make things seem a little less sinister. For some reason, the British accents softened a bit of the horror that you know is occurring behind the fence beyond the garden....
Girl, do I have to come and show what to do on a date night?
ReplyDelete