Saturday, April 4, 2009

Coupon Deal

Yesterday I had to run into Shoppers to get some supplies for the AWANA Achiever's Outing that is going on today. I bought my cake mix and frosting with coupons, of course, but I came across a really great deal in the process.

The Shoppers near me is offering double coupons up to a dollar this weekend. In addition, they had all their Post cereals on sale for 2 for $4. In ANOTHER addition, they had a retailer coupon in their ad for another dollar off, which, when doubled, made the cereals 2 for $2. I brought one from my ad at home and got another one out of the ad they had in the store. I just happened to have a coupon for $1 off two Honey Comb cereals, which, of course was doubled. So I got all this:


for $2!

Had I planned better, and brought my envelope of cereal coupons from home, I could have gotten all 4 for free! Still, 50 cents a box isn't a bad deal.

It was the first time I had to press to get my coupons accepted. I had to explain to the cashier that the reason I was able to use two coupons on each box was because one was a retailer coupon and one was a manufacturer's coupon. I could see why they maybe wouldn't have honored doubling both, but they did and I was happy!

Still plugging away, and getting a little bit better each time...

I ran out of color printer ink this week. That cartridge went fast! Good thing Walgreens was offering free after rebate printer cardridge refills. Thanks, Lori! :)

3 comments:

  1. I was going to text you about Shoppers doubling sales yesterday...then....truly, I just logged on to tell you about it via email! Glad I saw your blog first.

    I wound up getting my cereals for a dollar, FREE papertowels, the split chicken breast were a great deal, spiral cut ham at 1.49 lb was a good deal, too! Oh and the 30 ct eggs were wonderful! got out of there for 27 dollars! can't find my receipt to post my total savings, but it was huge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You GO GIRL!!!!! Kara and I are so hooked on this, we went "couponing" for two days when I was in Savannah this week. I've been researching different ways to organize your coupons and trying to figure out the best way..and think I've figured out which technique I'll use..will post on that when I get it done. I wish we could go to Lori's class together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh,believe me....I wish we could go together, too. I looked into flights, but, alas, too expensive.

    ReplyDelete